The University of New Mexico and its Alumni Association invite all loyal crew members – students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community – aboard the flagship USS Lobo to celebrate Homecoming 2015 with its “Star Trek” inspired theme – Live Lobo and Prosper. A plethora of events, held both on and off campus, from Oct. 12-18 will have attendees living Lobo and prospering!
With more than 50 Live Lobo and Prosper events on the calendar during Homecoming Week 2015, there will be an event, lecture series, reunion, open house or tailgate opportunity to fit everyone’s interests. For more information, visit: schedule of events.
Be transported to the All University Breakfast, where worthy recipients will receive the Zia, Lobo, and Inspirational Young Alumnus awards at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 17, at Hotel Albuquerque. Attend the pre-game tailgates on Saturday, Oct. 17, before watching the mighty Lobos put up their deflector shields and hit warp speed as they take on the Hawai’i Rainbow Warriors at University Stadium at 5 p.m. Be sure to order your discount tickets.
This year’s Homecoming officially kicks off with the Alumni Association Online Auction at 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 11, giving out-of-town Lobo alums and allies the opportunity to support the University by bidding on items to raise funds for the UNM Alumni Association Scholarship Fund. The online auction ends at 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 18. So mark your calendars and get ready to type in your bid at the online silent auction.
The UNM Alumni Association also enthusiastically invites alumni and the community to its annual Open House & Silent Auction, which will be held from 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 16, at Hodgin Hall Alumni Center. Beam up for an evening of fun, live entertainment and delicious refreshments while perusing the fabulous auction items from our generous donors. Help our UNM Alumni Association Scholarship Fund and programs Live Lobo and Prosper by participating in the auction – proceeds support UNM students and alumni programs.
Special reunions at the Open House include Veteran’s Alumni, Latin@ Hispan@, Young Alumni, Earth & Planetary Sciences, School of Engineering and Alumni Artists & Authors.
There is much to explore aboard the flagship USS Lobo! A list of Alumni Association sponsored events includes:
- Sunday, Oct.11-18: UNM Alumni Online Auction
- Wednesday, Oct. 14 at Noon: Judging for the Campus Departments Decorating Content (registration deadline is Monday, Oct. 12)
- Wednesday, Oct. 14 at Noon: UNM Faculty And Staff Alumni Luncheon & Silent Auction
- Wednesday, Oct.14. Tailgate 5-7 p.m.: Homecoming Men’s Soccer Tailgate & Game
- Friday, Oct.16, 10 a.m.: UNM Landscape History Tour
- Friday, Oct. 16 from 5:30-8 p.m.: Alumni Open House & Silent
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 9 a.m.: The All University Breakfast
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 3 p.m.: UNM Alumni Tailgate
- Saturday, Oct. 17, 5 p.m.: New Mexico Lobos vs. Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors
For complete details and registration for these events, visit: Homecoming activities.
UNM’s campus, its colleges, schools, departments and programs are planning opportunities for everyone to come together to Live Lobo and Prosper during Homecoming week:
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: UNM Staff Council Celebration
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: UNM Art Museum Visitation
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Anderson School of Management lecture
- Wednesday, Oct. 14: Homecoming Collections Tour and Indian Tacos
- Wednesday, Oct .14: Homecoming Soccer Tailgate and Game
- Thursday, Oct. 15: Health Sciences Center Open House and Tours
- Thursday, Oct. 15 - Saturday, Oct 17: Earth & Planetary Sciences Alumni & Friends Weekend
- Thursday, Oct. 15: School of Engineering Distinguished Alumni Awards
- Friday, Oct. 16: Game Day Fridays
- Friday, Oct. 16: UNM Landscape History Tour
- Friday, Oct. 16: Lobo Spirit Day and Pep Rally
- Friday, Oct. 16: UNM Honors College & Scribendi Alumni Weekend Kickoff
- Friday, Oct. 16: Novitski Hall Dental Clinic Grand Opening
- Friday, Oct. 16: Black Alumni Chapter Living Legends Trailblazer Award Reception
- Friday, Oct. 16: College of Arts and Sciences Dept. of Spanish and Portuguese Reception
- Friday, Oct. 16: Past Student Leader Reception
- Friday, Oct. 16: Sigma Phi Epsilon Reunion
- Friday, Oct. 16: Distinguished Achievement Award Dinner
- Friday, Oct. 16: UNM Alumni Lettermen Homecoming Social
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Campus Walking Tour
- Saturday, Oct. 17: UNM Honors College Family Fun Event
- Saturday, Oct. 17: UNM Bookstore Celebration
- Saturday, Oct. 17: UNM Honors College Brewery Tour
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Chi Omega Alumnae Green Chile Stew Open House
- Saturday, Oct. 17: UNM Alumni Lettermen’s Tailgate
- Saturday, Oct. 17: UNM College of Pharmacy Homecoming Tailgate
- Saturday, Oc.t 17: UNM Honors College Homecoming Reception
- Saturday, Oct. 17: Homecoming Game: UNM Lobos vs. Hawai'i
For a complete list, with detailed event information, that includes each college and campus-wide Homecoming 2015 activities, reunions, lectures, tours and tailgates, visit: schedule of events.
For questions and discount football game ticket sales call 505-277-5808 or visit UNM 2015 Homecoming.