Areas of Expertise
- Terry Babbitt has more than 25 years of experience in public higher education with emphasis on enrollment services including admissions, registration and financial aid.
- University of New Mexico President Garnett S. Stokes named Babbitt chief-of-staff in February 2019. Previously, Babbitt served as associate vice president of Enrollment Management at the UNM.
- His institutional responsibility as chief enrollment officer included participation in optimizing student success, enrollment and revenue.
- When he started at UNM, Babbitt worked as director of recruiting and eventually became the chief enrollment officer.
- His career in enrollment services began as a graduate assistant helping out with admissions and recruitment. More formal roles followed at progressively larger and more complicated institutions including roles in high school and college relations, student success and all aspects of enrollment management.
- Babbitt feels fortunate to have worked his way from the entry level of his profession to working with many of the great pioneers of enrollment planning and eventually serving as the enrollment manager at a major university.
- His research is focused on student persistence, completion and the financial aspects of funding students and the university.
Additional areas of interest
Enrollment, financial aid, student recruitment, student retention and graduation, student success and student data
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Steve Carr at (505) 277.1821 (office), (505) 702.7720 (cell) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.