To conserve resources over the break, every year The University of New Mexico and Facilities Management (FM) implements the Winter Setback Program. This winter break will be the 15th year that select campus buildings will have their temperatures “setback.”
The Winter Setback Program lowers the temperatures in many unoccupied campus buildings over the scheduled winter break of Dec. 23 to Jan. 2. The Facilities Management team uses this opportunity to maximize energy savings while constantly moving toward a more sustainable energy model.
FM and Lobo Energy have identified the areas of most energy savings at this time. They will work with occupants whose workspace must remain at normal levels due to research or lab environments.
FM’s Engineering and Energy Services is continuing to upgrade campus energy control systems. This enables the monitoring of building conditions, so necessary adjustments can be made. More information on campus energy management can be found in University Administrative Policy #5100.
Along with lower temperatures, many buildings and services will be unavailable during winter break. Below is a list of hours for some key areas and departments around campus.
- Information Technologies will have regular hours (7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) Thursday, Dec. 22, IT will be closed Friday, Dec. 23-Monday Jan. 2, and will be back to regular hours Tuesday, Jan. 3. For UNM IT-related issues, IT Customer Service Support will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 23, Dec. 26-30 and Jan. 2. For UNM IT-related emergencies or outages outside of those hours, call 505-277-5757 and leave a message.
UNM IT computer labs will have limited opening Dec. 19-22 and Jan. 3-13, with only Lobo Lab open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Dane Smith Hall open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. All computer labs will be closed from Dec. 23 through Jan. 3. We will resume normal hours on Jan. 17. Please visit Find a Computer Lab for up-to-date information about lab and classroom hours.
- Zimmerman Library will have winter intercession hours Dec. 18-22 & Jan. 3-14. During this time, the library will be open from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and closed on the weekends. The library will be closed Dec. 23-Jan. 2. Regular spring hours resume Jan. 15.
- Centennial Science and Engineering Library and Fine Arts and Design Library will have winter intercession hours Dec. 18-22 & Jan. 3-14. During this time, the library will be open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. The library will be closed Dec. 23-Jan. 2. Regular spring hours resume Jan. 15.
- Student Union Building will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Dec. 19 through Dec. 22. The SUB will be closed from Dec. 23 through Jan. 2. The SUB will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Jan. 3-6 and Jan. 9-13. It will reopen with normal hours Jan. 17.
- The Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center closes at 5 p.m. on Dec. 22 through 8 a.m. on Jan. 3. During this time the library building, and services are unavailable. Regular spring hours resume on Jan. 4.
- The UNM Bookstore is closed Dec. 23-Dec. 31. Regular Spring hours resume on Jan. 1.
- The Medical Legal Bookstore is closed Dec. 23-Dec. 31. Regular Spring hours resume on Jan. 1.
Shuttle services and parking-related closures are also limited during the break.
The Parking and Transportation Services office will be closed Dec. 23-Jan. 2 for winter break. The business office will resume its regular schedule on Jan. 3. Once resumed, the office is open Mon-Fri from 7:30 a.m. through 5 p.m.
Parking will be enforced during the Dec. 19-22 intersession from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. On Dec. 23 through Jan. 2 parking will not be enforced due to the university closure. Parking will be enforced during the Jan. 4 – Jan. 16 intersession from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. On Jan. 18 enforcement will resume to regular hours.
During the Dec. 19-22 intersession shuttle services will operate from 6:30 a.m.- 7 p.m. During this time routes will be modified, and the night bus will not operate. Shuttle services are unavailable from Dec. 23 through Jan. 2 due to the university closure. During the Jan. 3-13 intersession shuttle services will operate from 6:30 a.m.- 7 p.m. During this time routes will be modified, and night buses will not operate. On Jan. 17 enforcement will resume to regular Spring hours. More shuttle details regarding route changes and shuttle hours can be found on PATS website.
For any other questions PATS can be contacted at 505-277-1938 or through their email; email@example.com.
For more information, visit PATS Winter Break Schedule.