The Provost’s Committee for Advising (PCA) seeks nominations for the Excellence in Advising for Academic Advisors and the Excellence in Advising for Integrated Advisors awards. To nominate a staff advisor in an integrated or academic unit, visit: http://advisement.unm.edu/resources/professional-development/advising-awards.html. Nominations will be accepted starting March 25 and must be received by Monday, April 15, no later than 5 p.m.
2019 PCA Awards will recognize recipients for each of the following categories:
- (2) – Excellence in Advising for Academic Advisors
This award is available to staff academic advisors in various colleges assigned to students based on the students’ major.
- (2) – Excellence in Advising for Integrated Advisors
This award is available to staff integrated advisors who serve within the areas of Athletics, Enrollment Management, Provost’s Office, and/or Student Affairs.
Eligibility: Current non-faculty staff advisors who have provided extraordinary service to students and the UNM community. Nominees must have been in the staff advising profession at UNM for a minimum of 6 months. Additionally, nominees should be in good standing with their employment and must not have received an Excellence in Advising award within the last 5 years. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Nomination Criteria: UNM students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to nominate eligible non-faculty staff advisors in an integrated or academic advising role. All submitted nominations are completed online and constitute of a Nomination Form and up to two optional Letters of Support. Please keep in mind that all nominations are final upon submission.
Selection Criteria: The nominee should demonstrate exemplary achievement in one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates commitment towards the advising profession
- Encourages students to pursue their goals
- Assists students to understand and navigate the University system
- Maximizes opportunities relative to students’ educational plans (e.g. provides information on internships, scholarships, lectures, etc.)
- Demonstrates excellence in service and dedication to students
- Contributes to the greater good of the department, college, or University
- Improves a process or system
Screening Process: Members of the PCA selection committee, chaired by the Director of Advising, will evaluate all nominations based on how the nominee meets the criteria listed. Nominees placed in incorrect categories will be placed in their correct category. The selection committee will vote on the top nominees in each category.
Award: A plaque and monetary award will be presented to each recipient. The Excellence in Advising for Academic Advisors and the Excellence in Advising for Integrated Advisors awards will be presented at the annual awards reception for both PCA and the Provost Committee for Staff (PCS) in May.