UNM Recreational Services released its hours of operation and facility availability for the 2021 spring semester. Recreational Services does not anticipate additional hours or facilities becoming available for recreation. All facilities are closed on Monday, Jan. 18 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Reservations are required for Lobo Fitness: Strength, Cardio, Track & Pods. Click here for reservations.
Facilities and hours will be shared between Recreational Services, College of Education Health Education and Sport Sciences and UNM Athletics (Women's Volleyball and Women's Swim and Dive).
Johnson Center Reopening Guidelines
- Johnson Center is currently open with limited hours, occupancy and facilities.
- The Olympic Pool is currently open with limited hours, occupancy and lanes. Please see the Aquatics website for reservations and more information.
- The Outdoor Adventure Center is currently open with limited hours and by reservation only. Please see the OAC website for reservations and more information.
- Monday through Friday
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Closed weekends
- Dates and times subject to change without notice.
Facilities and Occupancy
- Strength – max occupancy 10
- Cardio – max occupancy 10
- Concourse Restrooms
- All other facilities closed.
- Reservations are accepted online only, up to one day in advance. Lobos cannot make back-to-back reservations in the same facility. Failure to show may result in access being restricted or revoked.
Lobo Fitness Reservation Blocks
- 11 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
- 12 p.m. to 12:50 p.m.
- 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.
- Lobo Fitness - East Entrance only.
- Olympic Pool - East Pool Gate only.
- OAC - South Redondo Entrance only
- Only current UNM students, faculty or staff allowed. No guest passes or Rec Cards will be sold.
- Lobos must have a proximity enabled Lobo Card to access Johnson Center. Card swipe technology is not available at the East Entrance.
- Lobos can exchange their card swipe only Lobo Card for a new proximity card for no charge at the Lobo Card office.
- Face covering required at all times, even while exercising.
- Lobos must bring in a printed copy of your Daily Student/Staff Symptom Screening email confirming you are allowed to come to UNM Campus. Copy cannot be altered, and the date must match the date you want to access Johnson Center.
- Lobos are required to spray and wipe each piece of equipment before and after your use.
- Maintain 6’ social distancing at all times.
- Only 1 person per piece of equipment at one time.
- Locker rooms, changing rooms and showers are closed. Please arrive appropriately dressed.
- Water fountains and fill-stations are not available. Lobos, please bring your own water.
- Individuals not conforming to safety protocols may lose recreational privileges and a disciplinary report filed with the appropriate department.
Posted 1/14/2021 11:12 am