UNM Parking & Transportation Services is informing all permit holders of temporary traffic changes relating to the construction of the new UNM Hospital Tower and Patient parking structure that may affect your commute on Saturday, Feb. 27, from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. New traffic changes and lane closures on Tucker Avenue will affect access and travel routes to and from UNM North Campus. Here’s what you need to know (please see attached m ap):
Tucker Lane Closure and Vehicle Access—Saturday, Feb. 27
- Westbound traffic lane only on Tucker Ave. between Yale Blvd. and Camino de Salud will be closed between 6 a.m. - 3 p.m. This includes the shared westbound bike route.
- Eastbound/one-way access to UNMH/BBRP north entrance (including the patient parking structure) is still available through Tucker Ave. and Yale Blvd. during this time (yellow line route).
- Traffic exiting the UNMH/BBRP north area (including the patient parking structure) will need to proceed eastbound from the intersection of Yale and Tucker to Stanford Dr. NE. From there, you can access either Indian School Rd., Girard Blvd. or Lomas Blvd. (green line route).
Hospital/North Campus Lomas Access Points to Main Campus
- Lomas/University and Lomas/Stanford access points and crosswalks remain open.
- The sidewalk along the northside of Tucker, between Yale and Camino de Salud, will remain open to allow pedestrian access.
- Access to and from UNM Facilities Management, Planning Design & Construction and the Lock Shop will be from where the service road that runs parallel of the west side of the AMAFCA channel with an intersection onto Tucker will continue to be a two-way street.