Due to construction for the Comprehensive Movement Disorder Center and Senior Health Clinic, access and routes to and from UNMH/BBRP (Barbara & Bill Richardson Pavilion) will be affected for about three weeks in April—this includes traffic pattern changes and a lane closure.
This closure will occur starting Monday, April 5 and continue through Friday, April 23.
Lane Closure—Effective Monday, April 5
- Eastbound traffic lane only on Tucker Ave between Camino De Salud and Yale Blvd. will be closed. (See map sec. A3, A4.)
Vehicle Access—Effective on Monday, April 5
- Due to eastbound lane closure on Tucker Ave between Camino De Salud and Yale Blvd., traffic entering and exiting from UNMH/BBRP will experience a delay due to construction activity in the road (see map sec. A3, A4). The active lane will be a controlled two-way lane with flagmen directing traffic in both directions. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY IN THIS AREA.
- Access to UNMH/BBRP north entrance (including the patient parking structure) will still be available via north Yale and the newly realigned road just south of the Innovation, Discovery and Training Complex (IDTC) — see map, Blue line route.
Hospital/North Campus Lomas Access Points to Main Campus
- Lomas/University and Lomas/Stanford access points and crosswalks remain open.
- Pedestrian access to the hospital via Tucker & Yale will remain open along Tucker.
- Access to and from UNM Facilities Management, Planning Design & Construction and the UNM Lock Shop will be at the intersection of Tucker and Camino Del Servicio — see map, Purple line route.
As noted in previous notifications and throughout all phases of construction work, steps are being taken to help mitigate potential traffic and access issues in the affected area(s). Notifications will be sent out periodically to permit holders to inform you of additional changes, utility outages, parking lot and/or road closures.
Please plan for extra time in your commute and be aware of construction workers while traveling in the area.