The BP oil spill is a crisis of epic proportions and unimaginable repercussions. Will it have an effect on New Mexico voters come November? Ahead this week on New Mexico In Focus, The Line panelists analyze President Obama's address to the nation on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, and offer opinions on the crisis' effect on New Mexico politics and politicians. KNME's one-hour public affairs show New Mexico In Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Additional topics include:
• Participants, organizers, and partners talk about the outcomes and successes of the statewide "Raising the Aspirations of New Mexico Youth" town halls.
• The alarming surge of hate crimes in the Farmington area
• Corruption in the Bernalillo County Community Custody Program.
• Heather Balas, President & Executive Director, New Mexico First
• Jami Grindatto, Chair, Innovate-Educate
• Larry Ahrens, Former Talk Radio Host, KKOB
• Marjorie Childress, Reporter, NewMexicoIndependent.com
• Laura E. Sanchez, Former Executive Director, New Mexico Democratic Party
• Jim Scarantino, Editor, New Mexico Watchdog
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi Columnist
Watch again online at http://www.knme.org.
New Mexico In Focus to Discuss BP Oil Spill
June 17, 2010