The Albuquerque Rapid Transit (ART) heavy construction began on Oct.17 in various locations along Central Ave. At least one lane of traffic will remain open in each direction during the entire construction period. Construction update information is also available on the ART website or by calling 505-398-4ART (4278). You can also subscribe to an email listserv to receive ART-i-FACTS, a weekly update on street closures, detours and parking.
Beginning Oct.17, construction will be at:
- The north side of the street between Cedar and Ash
- The intersection at University & Central, removing the median
- Median removal between Stanford and Girard
- Median removal between Wellesley and Carlisle
- Median removal between Washington and Monroe
Beginning Oct. 24, construction will be at:
- The Intersection of Coors Blvd. & Central
- The median from Atrisco Dr. to Tingley Dr.
- The median from Tingley Dr. to New York Ave.
- The median from New York Ave. to Clayton St.
- The median from Broadway to Locust
Beginning Nov. 14, construction will be at:
- The median from San Mateo to Alvarado
- The north side of the street from Alvarado to San Pedro
- The south side of the street from San Mateo to Monroe