The UNM Bureau of Business and Economic Research (BBER) hosts its annual Data Users Conference in a virtual capacity this year.
This is the 22nd year of the Annual New Mexico Data Users Conference – New Mexico’s premier forum for both beginning and professional data users in the state and surrounding areas.
Because of COVID-19, this year the conference will be held online and is free. There will be 2–3 sessions will be held the week of Nov. 16 – 20.
There are 12 sessions planned, with each of the sessions including webinars that are about 1 hour and 15 minutes long. Some of the sessions will be held on Zoom while others will be hosted on the Census Bureau's WebEx platform. Participants may register for all sessions or choose them individually. Click here to register.
This year’s conference will feature presentation topics including:
- How to access Census data featuring many sessions (3+) using Data.Census.gov the new tool from the Census Bureau
- NM Population Estimates and Projections (Robert Rhatigan & Jacqueline A. Miller of UNM Geospatial Population Studies on annual population estimates and projections for New Mexico)
- Differential Privacy – How your specific Census answers are kept confidential and what does that mean for data products
- What are the 2020 Census Geographies going to look like and how can we access New Mexico’s GIS files?
- The New Mexico Economy (BBER’s director Jeff Mitchell will present a review of New Mexico's recent economic performance and a short-term economic outlook)
- For Businesses - Economic Census and your data needs
- Census Basics & Census Tribal Data & Census Research Micro data
- Local Employment Dynamics – Data on Employment
- NM Healthcare Data from NM Department of Health
Registration is now open
For more information, a complete conference schedule, updates, and registration visit: NM Data Users Conference (https://bber.unm.edu/22nd-annual-nm-data-users-conference) or call The BBER Data Bank at (505) 256-9408 or email Suzan Reagan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The NM Data Users Conference is a valued learning experience for private businesses, government agencies, service organizations, information providers, researchers and students all across New Mexico.