Lobo Mobile Debuts on Campus
September 09, 2010
Categories: Inside UNM
Lobo Mobile, UNM's new smartphone application, is now available to all students, faculty and staff. Lobo Mobile, for Lobos on the Go, allows users to access essential UNM information anytime and anywhere, on any smartphone or iPad/iTouch.
Among the many things Lobos can do with this new app are:
• Access UNM Libraries to renew book check-outs, hold materials, and make and cancel requests. A library catalog search function is coming soon.
• View campus maps using the Map app.
• Look up fellow students, professors and staff using the Campus Directory
• See a list of UNM Shuttle operation times and routes. ABQ Rapid Ride operation times and routes will be available soon.
• See the IT Service Catalog and what IT services are offered on campus.
• Check out social networking sites and campus feeds on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
To get Lobo Mobile, visit Lobo Mobile and follow the instructions based on your type of mobile device. iPhone/iPad/iTouch users must visit the online Apple iTunes store and search for "Lobo Mobile." Android users must go online to the Android Market and also search for "Lobo Mobile." BlackBerry, J2ME, Palm OS, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile and other smartphone users can point their mobile browser to Lobo Boopsie and upload the app.
This is just the beginning of things to come for Lobo Mobile. For Lobos on the go, IT will be adding other apps and features over the next several months. Stay tuned!
Contact IT Customer Support Services at 277-5757 for more information about Lobo Mobile.
Story by and media contact: Vanessa Baca (505) 277-0987; e-mail: email@example.com