This week on New Mexico in Focus, correspondent Gwyneth Doland continues the series of one-on-one interviews with candidates competing in November’s general election. NMiF welcomes New Mexico congressional District 1 Representative Michelle Lujan Grisham and republican challenger Mike Frese.
The program airs Friday nights at 7 p.m. on channel 5.1 and appears online on the NMiF website shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on channel 9.1. and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on channel 5.1.
Gene Grant and The Line opinion panel analyze the congressional District 1 interviews and discuss the congressional District 3 debate between democratic incumbent Ben Ray Luján, and republican challenger Jefferson Byrd, airing this week on KNME-TV and New Mexico public media.
This week, co-hosting duties are turned over to political psychologist and women’s issues expert Martha Burk for a special segment on women and the 2014 election. On tap will be economic issues, including the minimum wage, poverty and the pay gap, and the effects of the Affordable Care Act on benefits.
• Mike Frese, republican congressional district 1 candidate, challenger
• Michelle Lujan Grisham, democratic congressional district 1 candidate, incumbent
• Laura Sanchez-Rivét, Attorney, Sanchez Legal Solutions
• Merritt Allen, principal and executive director, Vox Optima, LLC
• Stephanie Maez, CEO, Center for Civic Policy
• Carla Sonntag, founder and president, New Mexico Business Coalition
• Gwyneth Doland
• Martha Burk, political psychologist and women’s issues expert, author of “Your Voice, Your Vote: A Savvy Woman's Guide to Power, Politics, and the Change We Need."
• Gene Grant
The co-producers of New Mexico in Focus are Megan Kamerick and Floyd E. Vasquez Jr. and Associate Producer Kathy Wimmer. Funding for this program was provided in part by the McCune Foundation Communications Fund and Santa Fe Community Foundation.