This week, New Mexico in Focus speaks one-on-one with Education Secretary Designate, Hanna Skandera. Find out what she has to say about the Annual Yearly Progress (AYP) results, and what other changes she is planning for educators across the state.
KNME's one hour public affairs show New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also, New Mexico's Medical Marijuana Program is now four years old and includes more than 20 licensed growers and 4,000 patients. NMIF Correspondent Peter St. Cyr talks to lawmakers, health officials, patients and growers about what is working with the program, and what improvements still need to be made.
• Hanna Skandera, secretary designate, New Mexico Department of Education
• Senator Cisco McSorley, (D) Albuquerque
• Len Goodman, licensed medical marijuana grower
• Joel White, medical marijuana patient
• Dominick Zurlo, Harm Reduction Program manager, New Mexico Health Department
New Mexico In Focus Correspondents:
• Gwyneth Doland, former editor, NewMexicoIndependent.com
• Peter St. Cyr, online journalist
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Mexico in Focus Looks at the Medical Marijuana Program
August 11, 2011