This week, on the final episode of New Mexico in Focus before the 2014 midterm election, the program continues the series of one-on-one interviews with Sen.Tom Udall and Republican challenger Allen Weh.
The program airs Friday nights at 7 p.m. on channel 5.1 and appears online on the NMiF website shortly thereafter. The show rebroadcasts Saturday at 5 p.m. on channel 9.1 and again on Sunday at 7 a.m. on channel 5.1.
Also scheduled, a look at campaign ad spending and media coverage with New Mexico journalists, a UNM political science professor and a longtime state legislator, as well as pollsters’ predictions on the upcoming election, the impact of negative ads, and the battle between the two major parties over control of New Mexico’s House of Representatives.
- Justin Horwath, Santa Fe reporter
- Trip Jennings, executive director, New Mexico In Depth
- Tim Krebs, professor of Political Science, UNM
- Rick Miera, house majority floor leader
- Tom Udall, Democratic senatorial candidate, incumbent
- Allen Weh, Republican senatorial candidate, challenger
- Dan Foley, former House Minority Whip
- Sophie Martin, editor, DukeCityFix.com and attorney
Guest Line Panelists:
- Janice Arnold-Jones, former state representative
- Dede Feldman, former state senator
- Gwyneth Doland
- Floyd E. Vasquez, Jr.
- Gene Grant
Co-producers of New Mexico in Focus are Megan Kamerick and Floyd E. Vasquez Jr.
Associate producer is Kathy Wimmer. Funding for this program was provided in part by the McCune Foundation Communications Fund, Santa Fe Community Foundation.
Media Contact: Evy Todd (505) 277- 1218, email: email@example.com.