The Provost’s Committee for Staff (PCS) is accepting applications for the PCS Fall 2016 Academic Support Scholarship. Application deadline is Monday, Sept. 26 at 5 p.m.
The Provost Committee for Staff (PCS) in partnership with the Human Resources department has created this scholarship designed to help support staff that utilize their tuition remission benefit. There will be three (3) scholarships of $350 awarded. UNM employees now have an opportunity to apply for a financial support scholarship to help cover the costs of academic books, course fee(s) and other related course supplies.
The scholarships are for UNM Employees who are using their Tuition Remission benefit to obtain a degree or professional certificate as well as professional development classes. This scholarship will be awarded each semester and recipients of this award will be selected by members of the PCS. To increase the number of staff receiving this assistance, this scholarship will not be made to the same student in successive semesters.
Recipients of the award must:
- Be in non-probationary employment status
- Provide descriptions of their academic path and how this scholarship opportunity will benefit them
- Be at least a .50 FTE UNM employee
- Be enrolled in courses to be used in a degree/certificate granting program or for professional development
- Must have a “Meet Expectations” or better on their most current Performance Review.
For more information on eligibility and to apply, visit PCS.