Presenters Gavin Leach and Stacy Sacco, award-winning college professors, networkers, and communications professionals, will share their secrets and tips on how to maximize your networking and communications results as part of their Beer & Biz Workshop Series beginning Friday, May 31 from 1 to 4 p.m. The workshop will be held at Boxing Bear Brewery located at 1710 Central Ave., SW.
Discussion topics include:
- Identifying your best sales prospects or prospective employers
- Developing a strategy to work a room and meet decision makers, etc.
- Composing and practice delivering your most effective elevator pitch
- Transforming your presentations to bring them to life
- Persuading people to take action
Leach is a communications professional, and teaches public-speaking and mentoring courses for entrepreneurial pitch competitions. His students have won most of the competitions they have competed in. Sacco is a sales and marketing professional has received numerous local accolades including the “Best networker in New Mexico (1 of 6 statewide),” “Best Person to Pitch Albuquerque in an Elevator Speech” (1 of 18 statewide), and a “Power Broker” – one of the 100 most influential people in New Mexico. Participants will receive complimentary copies of several critical documents:
- Albuquerque Entrepreneurial Ecosystem (8 pages, 370 links)
- New Mexico Directory of Professional Associations (8 pages, 506 links)
- How to Promote Your Local Event (4 pages, 58 links)
Bring a pocket full of business cards, and plan to practice your new found communication skills at the end of the workshop. We’ll buy the first round of beers, and you may want to plan to stay for a 2nd round, or take advantage of the many food options nearby incouding Amore Pizzeria offers special pricing for Boxing Bear Patrons, and just down the street is Garcia’s Kitchen, Modern General, The Feel Good Café and Vinaigrette.
Workshop fees total $39 (including tax) payable at the door, with either credit card, check or cash. Seating is limited to 20 attendees. RSVP via email to Gavin Leach, email@example.com.
For more information call 505-720-2887 or 505-489-2311.