As part of the cogeneration expansion at the University of New Mexico Ford Utility Center, equipment is scheduled for installation Thursday-Monday, Sept. 12-16. Because of the large size of the equipment relative to the amount of room available, the work will require closing the entire parking lot adjacent to the Ford Utility Center on Thursday, Sept. 12 and Monday, Sept. 16 after 6 p.m. From Friday, Sept. 13 through Monday, Sept. 16, portions of the parking lot will be closed from 7 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Traffic on Redondo Drive may be stopped and controlled for short times during this period.
Thursday, Sept. 12 from 6-10 p.m.
- The Ford Utility parking lot will be closed to all traffic except Ford Utility employees
- RMCI will occupy the 8 parking spaces on Redondo Rd. north of Martin Luther King Blvd
- The crane will be mobilized and setup
Friday-Monday, Sept. 13-16
- Portions of the Ford Utility parking lot will be closed from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. as shown on the attached drawing.
- UNM Parking Services will relocate the reserved parking spaces and motorcycle parking on the west side of the lot.
- It is anticipated that the work will be completed by Sunday night, but will continue through Monday as required.
- The crane will be demobilized when the work is complete.