The University of New Mexico Alumni Association is seeking nominations for seven of its prestigious annual awards and one inaugural award to be given this year – the Research Award.
The association recognizes that Lobos are constantly changing the world during and after their time at UNM, while continuing to show dedication to community service and innovation in their line of work. Their increasing impact can be seen not only at UNM but in communities across the world. In honoring these individuals, we are reminded of the continuing growth, diversity and strength in our communities. Individuals are asked to nominate someone who inspires them and defines community strengths.
The deadline to submit nominations is Thursday, July 15. Nominations can be submitted online.
Nomination criteria is as follows:
- Zia Award: Honors New Mexico residents with a UNM degree who have distinguished themselves in any one or more of the following categories – philanthropic endeavors, public office, service to the University, community and volunteer activities, and/or business professional fields, or educational fields.
- Lobo Award: Presented to a UNM alumnus/a who has given outstanding personal service to the university or whose career achievement reflects on the University.
- Inspirational Young Alumnus Award: Recognizes significant contributions by an individual, whether through professional achievement or community service. Recipients demonstrate a commitment to excellence in post-academic life and an ongoing commitment to professional work, research, multicultural relations and/or volunteerism, while being recognized as an emerging leader.
- James F. Zimmerman Award: Given to an alumnus of The University of New Mexico who has made a significant contribution which has brought fame and honor to The University of New Mexico or to the State of New Mexico.
- Bernard S. Rodey Award: Recognizes those whose leadership efforts have contributed significantly to the field of education. The recipient may or may not be an alum of the University.
- Erna S. Fergusson Award: Recognizes exceptional accomplishments and/or commitment or distinguished service to The University of New Mexico. The recipient may or may not be an alum of the University. Formerly named the Award of Distinction.
- Faculty Teaching Award: Recognizes outstanding teaching and service to students. The recipient is a faculty member currently employed full-time in any school or college of the University.
- Research Award: Recognizes outstanding research being conducted at the University of New Mexico. The recipient is currently conducting research full-time in any school or college of the University.
The award recipients will be honored at a reception and dinner in October. For additional information, contact Victoria Lujan at 505-277-5808 or email@example.com. Visit the award webpage for an online nomination form.