Parents of UNM students will also join UNM Day to meet with representatives and speak for UNM initiatives. The UNM Parent Association is providing a bus to bring parents to the capitol.
UNM exhibits at the Roundhouse will demonstrate the importance of UNM's work in the community, health, business, sciences, arts and more.
- a performance of the National Anthem and the State Song at the opening of the House and Senate and a selection of choral works in the Roundhouse during the lunch hour by Las Cantantes, the women's chorus directed by Maxine Thevenot
- an immersive media demonstration by UNM's ARTS Lab. ARTS Lab is at the forefront in taking fulldome technology beyond the planetarium show.
Other exhibits will be presented by the Associated Students of UNM, Graduate and Professional Student Association, College of Arts & Sciences, College of Nursing, College of Education, School of Architecture & Planning, Anderson School of Management, College of Pharmacy, School of Engineering, Vision 2020, Cancer Center, Dental Clinic, Research, Interdisciplinary Film & Digital Media, University Libraries, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Center for Health Policy at UNM, Center for Native American Health, Student Affairs, Clinical and Translational Science Center, KNME, Enrollment Management, UNM West, UNM-Taos, UNM-Valencia and Extended University.
UNM's priorities for budget reductions and reallocations are to:
- protect the workforce by avoiding layoffs and mandatory furloughs
- protect the classroom and faculty lines
- protect and hold harmless the research mission of the university
- keep tuition affordable
- hold harmless those special projects that relate to ethnic student support centers
- keep benefit cost increases to a minimum
- reduce costs by becoming more efficient
General legislative priorities include:
- no tuition credit
- full flexibility to implement any budget reductions
- full funding for B.A./M.D. program
For more information on UNM legislative priorities and relevant bills, visit govrel.unm.edu/legislative_sessions/2011. Sign up to receive legislative updates at govrel.unm.edu/updates.