The University of New Mexico invites the campus community to attend one of the three public forums organized around the Higher Learning Commission’s criteria for accreditation.
The events will also be accessible via Zoom so that anyone can join from main campus, the Health Sciences Center, and any of the branch campuses. Please see forum and link info below for following times and locations.
- March 4, 10:45-12 p.m., Anderson School of Management, MCM 2110 (Criteria 3-4)
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://unm.zoom.us/j/572590979
- March 4, 2-3 p.m., SUB Ballroom A (Criteria 1-2) - please note, this forum has been relocated to SUB Ballroom A.
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://unm.zoom.us/j/828772914
- March 5, 10-11 a.m., Domenici Center, Room 2720 (Criterion 5)
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://unm.zoom.us/j/564006720
The Criteria for Accreditation are the standards of quality by which the Commission determines whether an institution merits accreditation or reaffirmation of accreditation. They are as follows:
- Criterion 1. Mission
The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- Criterion 2. Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct
The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Criterion 3. Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support
The institution provides high quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Criterion 4. Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement
The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Criterion 5. Resources, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness
The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
For more information regarding the HLC’s criteria, visit: Criteria for Accreditation.
To review UNM’s final Assurance Argument, consult hlc2019.unm.edu at the “briefing materials” tab.