UNM-Los Alamos (UNM-LA) honored 16 scholarships recipients during its fall 2021 scholarship luncheon. Among the scholarship recipients were a mother-daughter duo, Carra and Candace Webster.
“Being awarded a scholarship is such an honor, but it is truly a blessing that my daughter and I were awarded scholarships on the same day,” Carra said. “It is our hope that we can inspire others just like us. It is never too late, or too early, to achieve your dreams.”
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship: Carra Webster
- UNM-LA Start Here Scholarship: Luke Rainey; Maria Blair
- Benito Garcia Memorial Scholarship: Paul Alcazar
- Agnes Finnie-Grotto Memorial Endowment: Maria Blair
- Joe and Stella Martinez Memorial Endowment: Cadence Webster; Seth Heatherly
- High Achiever Incentive Scholarship: Jimmy Wheeler
- Jim Sagel Memorial Endowment: Natalia Maez
- HED Incentive to Complete Scholarship: Aaliyah Sandoval
- Legislative Endowment: Felicity Ferrell
- Española Women's Club Endowment: Felicity Ferrell
- The Los Alamos Public Safety Association Scholarship: Eric Giron; Anna Yarrow
- Alice A. Armstrong Memorial Endowment: Jenee Montoya
- Applied Technology Native American Scholarship: Jimmy Wheeler; Aiyana Gipson
- Graduation Project: Jordan Bowman; Kristy Ortega
“We are so proud to have such an incredible group continue their education in Los Alamos thus growing, developing and improving the human capital of our community,” said Cynthia Rooney, UNM-LA chancellor.
UNM-LA coordinates with scholarship donors to offer scholarship opportunities, in addition the New Mexico Lottery Scholarship and the New Mexico Opportunity Scholarship, to help students succeed. In the last 10 years, UNM-LA’s scholarship program has awarded more than a half-million dollars to its students.