The University of New Mexico is offering free on-site health checkups for active, benefit eligible employees enrolled in a UNM medical plan.
Registration is now available for onsite checkups taking place July 9 through Oct. 19.
Eligible employees can learn more about their overall health and earn credit on their UNM medical plan premium for participating in a checkup. Catapult Health is providing checkups and consultations for all active employees enrolled in a UNM medical plan. There is no out-of-pocket co-pays or co-insurance charge.
To qualify for the one-time $200 employee premium credit and $100 spouse / domestic partner premium credit, eligible employees and spouses / domestic partners must be enrolled in a UNM medical plan during the screening period and throughout the application of the premium credit, which will take place in late-fall 2018. You may participate even if you have received the premium credit in 2016 or 2017.
Each checkup last about 45 minutes and results will be available immediately for review with a nurse practitioner. The session will include tests measuring blood pressure, cholesterol, BMI, glucose, waist circumference and more. Sessions are completely private and results are only sent to current practitioners with patient permission.
Quick Steps to Your Health Checkup:
- Employees and spouses must be sure that they qualify. Onsite preventive health checkups and premium credits are for benefits-eligible employees and eligible spouses/domestic partners enrolled in a UNM medical plan.
- Go to this website to sign up online for a checkup date, time and location.
- Complete checkup and review the results with a Nurse Practitioner. Visits will take about 45 minutes. Health checkups will be scheduled at numerous locations on all campuses. Additional sites may be added based on demand.
- Eligible employees will see the medical premium credit in their paycheck in late fall 2017. After you complete your health checkup, a credit should appear in your paycheck in late fall of 2017. The credit may be spread over several pay periods.
- For those who want to improve on their check-up results, HP has several programs to help improve health.
For any questions regarding the onsite preventive health checkup program, contact UNM Human Resources at (505) 277-6947 or visit the website.