The Data Bank at The University of New Mexico's Bureau of Business and Economic Research (UNMBBER) hosts its 20th Annual Data Users Conference on Thursday, Nov. 15 at the CNM Workforce Training Center.
The Annual Data Users Conference is New Mexico’s premier forum for both beginning and professional data users in the state and surrounding areas. The conference is a valued learning experience for private businesses, government agencies, service organizations, information providers, researchers and students all across New Mexico.
This year’s conference features topics including:
- News from U.S. Census Bureau on 2020 preparations (Veronica Arzate De Reyes, US Census Bureau Partnership Specialist for NM)
- New data tools from the Census Bureau (Eric Coyle, US Census Bureau Data Dissemination Specialist)
- Economic Census (Andy Hait, US Census Bureau Economic Census)
- NM Population Estimates and Projections (Robert Rhatigan of UNM Geospatial Population Studies on annual population estimates and projections for New Mexico)
- The New Mexico Economy (UNMBBER Director Dr. Jeffrey Mitchell, will present a review of New Mexico's recent economic performance and a short-term economic outlook over lunch)
Additional breakout sessions, covering more specific topics in small groups, include:
- Census Stats in Schools (Vicki Glasier, US Census Bureau)
- Rural Geography (Jennifer Zanoni, US Census Bureau Geography Division)
- Economic Targets in the US Patents Database (David Irwin, NM State University Library)
- Hispanics By the Numbers (Eric Coyle)
- What’s Your Street Race (Nancy López, UNM Sociology Department)
- American Indian & Alaska Native (Tim Harjo, Albuquerque Small Business Development Center)
- Labor Market Information (Rachel Moskowitz & Ashley Leach, NM Department of Workforce Solutions)
- Mapping Data ( Laura Gleasner, UNM Earth Data Analysis Center)
- Regular Registration Oct. 1 – Nov. 4; $75 per person
- Late Registration Nov. 5 – Nov. 15; $85 per person
*Registration includes conference materials, breakfast, beverage breaks and a buffet lunch.
The conference will be held at CNM Workforce Training Center located at 5600 Eagle Rock Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113 Directions: I-25, Alameda exit west to San Mateo Blvd., turn north to Eagle Rock Ave. (Google map).
For more information, a complete conference schedule, updates and registration, visit the conference website NM Data Users Conference. Interested individuals may also call the UNMBBER Data Bank, (505) 277-3038 or email Suzan Reagan, email@example.com.