The University of New Mexico's School of Architecture and Planning (SA+P) is revisioning its classic lecture series.
The Contesting Conversation Series is in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic and the renewed fights to end racism and structural inequality. UNM’s SA+P has opted for a conversation series rather than a lecture series, saying now is the time for critical dialogue, difficult discussions and debate.
These are the upcoming lectures:
- Feb. 8, 2021 - 5 p.m.
- Panelists: Lesley Lokko (African Futures Institute), K. Wayne Yang (UC Davis)
- George Anselevicius Memorial Lecture
- Registration link: https://unm.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEtfuqprTMvH9yy0m6JlNTb7XVMAoKO0XBc
- March 3, 2021 - 12 p.m.
- Registration link: https://unm.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEscuGgpjgoEtx1oM__BTbWxDARft42RmR2
- March 8, 2021 - 5:30 p.m.
- Panelists: Peter Nabokov (UCLA) + Bob Easton (Bob Easton Architect)
- Rinker/Crego Block Lecture
- Registration link: https://unm.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEodOigqzIpG9HIZmVbQ2Vu4tSVWhh9o2oK
- April 19, 2021 - 5 p.m.
- Panelists: Bryony Roberts (Bryony Roberts Studio) + Danna Walker (Built By Us & Public Practice)
- Registration link: https://unm.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIrdOmprzkoHNeQMGku3FN1dJBuOLeIwk7D