The University of New Mexico Young Alumni (UNMYA) has announced its 2019-2020 advisory board.
The UNMYA board consists of 16 dedicated volunteers who lead committees, events and programs for both young alumni and soon-to-be graduates of UNM. Members of the board serve a two-year term that is dependent upon appointment year. Newly appointed members in 2019 will serve through June 2021.
Executive board members include:
- President: Jenna Hagengruber, teacher at Sandia High School
- President-elect: Aaron T. Currence, research analyst at the UNM Foundation
- Secretary: Carlos Ramirez, PR and content marketing manager at The Waite Company
- Treasurer: Yasmeen Jalil, CPA, senior associate at Axiom Certified Public Accountants
- Immediate past-president: Erica Krause Muñoz, marketing business partner at Presbyterian Healthcare Services.
Additional board members include:
- Natalie Heisel, Sandia National Labs
- Jessica Hurtado, New Mexico Highlands University
- Arturo Lozoya, Nusenda Credit Union
- Emily Marcelja, Rio Rancho Public Schools
- Diego Montoya, Sangre de Christo Broadcasting and Albuquerque Public Schools
- Daniel Porter, Baptist Convention of New Mexico
- Emily Prebay, The University of New Mexico
- Ethan Rule, The University of New Mexico
- Jordan Scott, The University of New Mexico
- Allan Stone, UNM Health Sciences Center
- Emily Wilks, PepsiCo.
UNMYA focuses on alums who graduated from UNM within the last 15 years, whether they stay in New Mexico or relocate to another state. Through committees, alumni can stay connected to UNM and give back to the community through networking, social events and philanthropy.