Experience virtual reality and see the high tech new equipment coming to Centennial Library during an open house this week.
The library is introducing two new working and collaboration spaces. During the open house, visitors will be able to see demonstrations and ask questions about the new spaces and equipment. A highlight of the event will be demos of the new virtual reality equipment in one of the spaces, which also is designed an area for web conferencing and presentations.
The other space has multiple workstations on both Mac and PC operating systems with a much bigger range of software compared to our standard computers. These Analysis Workstations have specialized scientific software as well as the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite. Analysis workstations can be reserved in advance and are already available to users.
The open house is Friday, Feb. 17 from 1 to 5 p.m. at Centennial Library.
Tentative schedule of events:
Space 2 Demonstrations
- 1:30-2 p.m. - Presentation Platforms - Mac, Windows, Apple TV: Keynote, Powerpoint, Prezi
- 2-2:30 p.m. - Virtual Reality - HTC Vive
- 2:30-3 p.m. - Web Conferencing - Skype, GoToMeeting
- 3-3:30 p.m. - Geographic Information Systems - ArcGIS, QGIS
- 3:30-4 p.m. - Virtual Reality - HTC Vive
- 4-4:30 p.m. - Presentation Platforms - Mac, Windows, Apple TV: Keynote, Powerpoint, Prezi
- 4:30-5 p.m. - On-demand topics
Space 1 Demonstrations Continuously between 1-5 pm
- Demonstrations of the reservation system for Analysis Workstations
- On-demand Software demonstrations
- ArcGIS 10.4
- IPython/Jupyter Notebook
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Other production and analysis tools