Areas of Expertise
- Research interests include teacher inquiry and practitioner research, K-12 school/university partnerships, and curriculum and instruction in K-12 settings.
- She teaches undergraduate and graduate teacher education classes.
- Her research emphasis is on K-12 school/university partnerships, elementary school curriculum and social studies education.
- Received her Ph.D. from the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia; M.A. in Education- Curriculum and Instruction at California State University.
- She was a Distinguished Teacher in Residence at California State University-Sacramento.
- Taught in elementary school classrooms in California for 11 years
- Held an academic appointment as Assistant Professor at Boise State University before joining the Teacher Education faculty at UNM.
Additional areas of interest
K-12 education, teacher education, school-university partnerships, C3 Social Studies Standards: The College, Career, and Civic Life Framework, elementary education.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Katie Williams at (505) 277.1889 (office), (505) 379.6824 (cell) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.