Areas of Expertise
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Care
- Children's Support Programs
- Childcare Assistance
- Nutrition Programs
- First Born Home Visiting Model
- Hailey Heinz is the deputy director and a senior research scientist at the Cradle to Career Policy Institute.
- Her work emphasizes New Mexico families and children, and the effectiveness of programs designed to support them.
- She has particular expertise in early childhood education and care.
- Recently, Heinz has served as principal investigator and or co-principal investigator on projects focused on family access to childcare assistance and nutrition programs, as well as research and evaluation for the First Born home visiting model.
- Heinz utilizes a range of methods and approaches to support policymaking grounded in data and research.
- She previously covered K-12 education for the Albuquerque Journal
- Heinz enjoys communicating about research and policy in ways that are useful to families, policymakers, and community organizations.
- Heinz holds a master's degree in political science from The University of New Mexico and is writing a doctoral dissertation in political science with a concentration in public policy.
Areas of Interest
Early childhood education and care, children's support programs, first-born home visiting model, and childcare assistance and nutrition programs.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, contact University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.