Areas of Expertise
- Todd Seidler is currently the coordinator of the graduate program in Sport Administration at the University of New Mexico, one of only a few programs that offer both the Master's and Doctorate in Sport Administration.
- He received his Bachelor's degree in Physical Education from San Diego State University and taught and coached in high school.
- Attended graduate school and earned his Master's and Ph.D. in Sports Administration from the University of New Mexico.
- Prior to returning to UNM, Seidler spent six years as the coordinator of the graduate Sports Administration program at Wayne State University and two years as the coordinator of the undergraduate Sport Management Program at Guilford College in North Carolina.
- Serves as executive director of the Sport and Recreation Law Association (SRLA), a professional organization for those interested in teaching Sport Law and Risk Management.
- Past-President of SRLA
- Awarded the Betty van der Smissen Leadership Award.
- Has also served on the Executive Board of the Safety and Risk Management Council, as chair of both the Sport Management Council and the Council on Facilities and Equipment within the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
- Active member of the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM). Dr. Seidler is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S., 1987) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Seidler's primary areas of interest include risk management and legal issues in sport and in planning and managing sports facilities. He is active as a consultant on facility planning and risk management for sport and recreation and frequently presents, publishes, and teaches classes such as Risk Management in Sport, Sport Facility Planning and Design, Facility and Event Management, Legal Aspects of Sport and Intro to Sport Administration.
Additional areas of interest
Certified strength and conditioning specialist; Sport, Legal Aspects of Sport, Sport Facility Planning and Sport Event Management; consultant and expert witness for issues related to safety in sport and recreation as well as planning and running safe facilities.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, please call Steve Carr at (505) 277.1821 (office), (505) 702.7720 (cell) or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.