Areas of Expertise
- Dr. Trenia Walker is a professor in the Department of Teacher Education, Educational Leadership & Policy in the College of Education and Human Sciences.
- Walker's areas of expertise include Accreditation of Higher Education Institutions in Kosovo, Education and Teacher Training in the U.S. and Eastern Europe, Republic of Kosovo, Civics Education in Post-Conflict countries, Comparative Education, Civics Education P-12, Social Studies Curriculum & Instruction P-16, Social Studies Teacher Education,
- Walker has served as a History and English/Language Arts teacher at the middle school and high school levels, and as a lecturer at the university level and has also supervised student teachers, administrators and interns.
- Walker has held several academic and administrative appointments in HEIs including The University of Pittsburgh, Washington State University and Texas Tech University.
- She received her doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction – Social Studies Education, A.B.D. in History, M.A. in History, and a B.A. in English from the University of Houston.
Additional Areas of Interest
Education, History, Media Literacy, Political Science and Popular Culture.
If you would like to contact this expert for a story, call Marissa Lucero at (505) 450.7348 or University Communication and Marketing (UCAM) at (505) 277.5813.