Organizers are seeking abstracts for oral and poster presentations in all areas of materials science and engineering, including:
- Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion
- Biomaterials and Biomechanics
- Ceramics and Composites
- Advanced Characterization Techniques
- Thin Films, Coatings, and Surface Engineering
- Corrosion and Electrochemistry
- Electrical, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Materials for Radioactive and Harsh Environments
- Materials Modeling
- Materials Processing
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Microelectronics Micro and Nano systems
- Nanostructures, Interfaces, Fabrication and Assembly
- Materials Reliability and Aging
The submission deadline for abstracts is Sept. 8, 2011. Students and Graduate Students are encouraged to enter poster sessions, which carry monetary awards.
The 2011 Kreidi Memorial Lecturer for this conference will be Uzi Landman, Georgia Tech. He will speak on "Small is Different: Emergent Materials Phenomena in the Nanoscale."
The symposium is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 3, 2011 at Hotel Albuquerque in Albuquerque, NM. It is organized and sponsored by The NM Section of ACerS, the NM Section of MRS, the Albuquerque Chapter of ASM International, the NM Chapter of AVS.
For more information, visit 23rd Annual Rio Grande Symposium on Advanced Materials.
Media contact: Karen Wentworth (505) 277-5627; email@example.com