The 2022 recipients of the Gerald W. May Outstanding Staff Award at The University of New Mexico were recently announced. The award recognizes outstanding staff members who have made significant contributions to the University.
This year’s recipients are:
- Brandi Stone – director of African American Student Services
- Kent Norsworthy – digital library manager at Project ECHO, UNM Health Sciences Center
- Linda Johansen – manager of IT Applications, Business Analysis and Quality Assurance Team
- Angie Beauchamp – department administrator of Film and Digital Arts
- Gene Henley – director of Operations at School of Public Administration
In 1990, UNM President Gerald W. May provided funds to award UNM’s outstanding staff members. The Staff Council now uses these funds to recognize staff who have made significant contributions to departments and university-wide goals.
Each fall, staff members are nominated by other staff, faculty, and students at the University. The nominees are then reviewed by the Staff Council Rewards and Recognition Committee and the Staff Council Executive Committee. Finally, the president of the University selects the final winners.
The winners are given a monetary award and plaque. An awards ceremony is being held on Thursday, Dec. 15, via Zoom. UNM President Garnett Stokes will honor the recipients. Their names will be added to the perpetual plaque that hangs in Scholes Hall.
For more information and a list of previous winners, visit Gerald May Outstanding Staff Award.