As the race to elect the first female governor in New Mexico's history continues to dominate media coverage, little attention has gone to important ballot items such as amendment and bond issues. With Nov. 2 fast approaching, New Mexico in Focus takes a look at these and other significant ballot measures. Panelists also discuss the voting process itself.
New Mexico in Focus airs Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6:30 a.m. on KNME, Channel 5.1. The show can also be seen on KNME's Digital Channel 9.1 on Saturdays at 5 p.m.
Also this week, panelists look at an issue integral to the economy of New Mexico: the oil and gas industry; sound off on Gov. Richardson's proposed war on the Tea Party; the layoffs looming for APS teachers, and the new high school exit tests.
• Maggie Toulouse Oliver, Bernalillo County Clerk
• John Hofmeister, Author, Why We Hate the Oil Companies
• Martín Gutierrez, Political Consultant
• Jeffry Gardner, Former Albuquerque Tribune Columnist
• Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, Professor, UNM School of Law
• Laura E. Sanchez, Former Executive Director, New Mexico Democratic Party NMIF Correspondent
• Gene Grant, Weekly Alibi Columnist
Watch again online at KNME. Additionally, get updates, watch and follow KNME on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & more.
New Mexico in Focus is produced by Kevin McDonald and Kathy Wimmer and closed captioning has been made possible by a gift from Mrs. Elspeth G. Bobbs.
Media Contact: Evy Todd, (505) 277-1218; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
'New Mexico in Focus' Looks at Important Ballot Measures
October 07, 2010