The UNM Arts Entrepreneurship student organization is hosting its first juried art exhibition, Lux & Umbra, in January 2018 at the CFA Downtown Studio. Students and anyone from the community is invited to submit their work.
The theme of the exhibition is light and shadow, and artworks of all mediums are welcome, including visual art, experimental film, installations, projection and/or performance art, experimental sound, etc. Submissions deadline is Dec. 17, 2017.
How does the interaction of light, darkness, the moving image and sound influence or experience them and how is human emotion impacted by these elements? We want to encourage artists to experiment with the concept. Immersive and site responsive work is highly encouraged.
- All artists must include contact information, an artist statement and a short biography.
- Artworks delivered must be ready for installation.
- Digitally submit 1-5 works in high resolution JPEGS to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Films must be submitted as .MP4 or .MOV - no longer than 6 minutes
- Sound works must be submitted as MP3 files and must be no longer than 6 minutes
- Work may be submitted via Google Drive at email@example.com
- For installations, submit a proposal for how work will be installed and requirements for installation.
- Both UNM students and community members may submit their work
- Work can be for sale.
- Collaborations are welcome.
- Artists with installations will be responsible for installing their work. The Arts Entrepreneurship group will provide assistance.
- All artwork must be original and created by or under direction of the artist(s).
Films will be projected in the show space during the exhibition, and experimental sound work will be playing in a different section of the gallery. Drop off information will be given to selected artists. Exhibition date is TBA.
For more info and questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-692-0003.