UNM Parking & Transportation Services (UNM PATS) has announced two (2) new flexible daily parking solutions for UNM faculty and staff, the Pay-By-Day Permit and Employee Scratchers.
Daily Parking options:
- Pay-By-Day Permit – For $5 per day (eligibility required), park in designated spaces on Central and North Campus zones. For information about eligibility, the on-line application, and purchasing, visit our Pay-By-Day Permit page.
- Employee (Daily) Scratchers – For $5 per day (eligibility required), with a limit of 10 scratchers in a 30-day period, the “scratcher” permit will allow you to park in the zone chosen at time of purchase. Purchase must be made in person at the UNM PATS’ Business Office. (NOTE: customer must pay outstanding citations before purchase.)
The Pay-By-Day Permit or Employee Scratcher(s) are best purchased by UNM faculty and staff who do not possess an annual parking permit and who need to park on campus no more than two days a week.
Using the ParkMobile smart phone app, UNM faculty and staff who do not have an annual UNM-issued parking permit and who need to parking on campus no more than two days a week can purchase Pay-By-Day permit to park in the G, GR, P, and/or M zones. Eligibility for this program will be determined via the application process. See below for more information:
How It Works
- Submit your Pay-By-Day Permit Application online through the Parking Portal.
- Once eligibility has been determined and approved, you will receive a confirmation email to your UNM email address. This should occur within 2-3 business days from submittal of application. Applicants can expect a response within 2-3 business days.
- If you are not yet enrolled with ParkMobile, download the ParkMobile smartphone application, and enter your vehicle information in the app (e.g., make, model, plate number, etc.). Once accepted into the Pay-By-Day program, you will be able to view the “Pay-By-Day” parking available to program participants in the G, GR, P, and M zones.
- You must use your @unm.edu or @salud.unm.edu email address to register with ParkMobile to be eligible to participate in the Pay-By-Day Permit program.
- Park in the “Pay-By-Day” designated spaces in the G, GR, P or M zone, log into your ParkMobile account and pay the $5.00 daily flat rate. You will need to log into your account each time you park to pay: payment will be charged to your ParkMobile account.
- REMEMBER: there are a limited number of designated ParkMobile spaces in the G, GR, P and M zones: parking is on a first come, first served basis!
1-Day Employee Scratcher Permit
How It Works
- Visit the UNM PATS Business Office in-person to purchase 1-day Employee scratcher permit(s) at the rate of $5 per/scratcher (limit of 10 scratchers in a 30-day period). Parking zone is subject to availability and will be determined at time of sale.
- Follow directions on the permit as how to “scratch” the permit so it will be considered valid for use.
- Properly display your permit on your mirror or dashboard after you park in the zone indicated on the permit.
For more information about UNM PATS’ services and operations, please check our website at pats.unm.edu, call the UNM PATS Business Office at (505) 277-1938 during business hours (7:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday), or check UNM PATS on social media including Facebook and Twitter (@UNMPATS).