The Data Bank at The University of New Mexico's Bureau of Business and Economic Research (BBER) is hosting its 23rd Annual NM Data Users Conference Nov. 29- Dec. 3. The Annual Data Users Conference is New Mexico’s premier forum for both beginning and professional data users in the state and surrounding areas.
The conference will be held virtually due to the uncertainty of COVID-19 restrictions. Conference organizers hope the virtual format will give attendees the opportunity to take in more sessions. There is no fee this year and registration is now open. Click here to register.
There are 15 sessions planned. Each of the sessions will be individual webinars that are about 1 hour and 15 minutes long. The sessions will be held throughout the week. The sessions will be hosted on Census Bureau's Teams platform and instructions will be sent out the week before. Participants may register for all sessions or choose them individually.
This year’s conference will feature presentation topics including:
- How to access Census data featuring many sessions (2+) using Data.Census.gov the new tool from the Census Bureau for downloading different data sets.
- NM Population Estimates and Projections (Robert Rhatigan & Jacqueline A. Miller of UNM Geospatial Population Studies on annual population estimates and projections for New Mexico).
- Differential Privacy on Census 2020 data– How your specific Census answers are kept confidential and what does that mean for data products.
- Census Geographies and what that means when working with GIS tools.
- The New Mexico Economy (BBER’s Acting director Michael O’Donnell, will present a review of New Mexico's recent economic performance and a short-term economic outlook).
- For Businesses - Economic Census and your data needs.
- The Pulse Survey and what it tells us about COVID impacts.
- Tribal Data and how to access.
- Labor Market Information from NM Dept. of Workforce Solutions
- NM Human Services Data from NM Dept. of Human Services.
- Visualizing Scientific Data.
- BBER’s socioeconomic GIS tool.
- Plus Data Networking!
REGISTER TODAY: https://bber.unm.edu/ducreg
For more information, a complete conference schedule, updates, and registration, visit: NM Data Users Conference (https://bber.unm.edu/23rd-annual-nm-data-users-conference-2021 ) or call The BBER Data Bank at: (505) 256-9408 or email Suzan Reagan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The NM Data Users Conference is a valued learning experience for private businesses, government agencies, service organizations, information providers, researchers and students all across New Mexico.